Actually now that we are in UI talk, I would totally love to transform the brush editor into a node like editor kinda like how blender dose it. Think about, it would show the only settings that are being used for that brush which would make it easy for an artist to understand how the brush works. Plus it could pave the way to add logic to the brushes which would allow an user to use certain parameters if so-or-so device function is used. Basically I imagine these types of nodes:
- Brush Base Node - Base node which lets the user insert custom icon, and custom dab(topic for another thread).
- Brush Parameter Node - Nodes which tell the brushengine what part of the brush to manipulate. Lists available areas that can be manipulated.
- Brush Dynamics Node - A node for specifying a brush dynamic to use to manipulate a parameter.
- Tablet Function Nodes - Node for calling/reading a function of a tablet like buttons, or sensors.
- Logic Nodes - Use x parameter if y function is available.
- Loop Nodes - Why not?
Hair brain Idea I know, but would fulfil your idea. Plus nodes are fun. ^^
Btw I move these last few post to a new thread to keep your thread about your artwork. ^^’