Continuing the discussion from The State of MyPaint.Org:
As stated in our blog post, State of MyPaint.Org, We have all the basics to at least have a functional website, however it really needs to more pleasing to the eye. It is a website show casing what MyPaint is and what can do with it. So we need design what our website will look like. This is where the community can help. We need your guys ideas of how we should design our website. It can be mockups and wireframe, or just links to themes or websites we can draw inspiration from. However here are somethings to keep in mind:
- We like to keep our site as lean as possible.
- The site needs to be responsive. I would like to use Pure.CSS Framework if possible.
- Needs to have a Gallery Page, and Features Page.
- Our Community Forum needs to follow its design as well. I will eventually like to embed it into MyPaint.Org itself.
- Friendly for Wiki Documentation. I like how @davidrevoy pull this of with Pepper&Carrot’s Wiki.
This all I can think up for with requirements for our website for now. You can also help out by submitting you artwork in our Showcase Category so we feature it on our website. You can also post Screenshots of working in MyPaint or highlighting a feature as well. I would love to get a collection started so we can showcase what you can do with MyPaint as well.
Well that’s about all for now. MyPaint is a Community project, so it up to us to show the world what can with it. That means we need to create a great first impression and what a better way to capture them than with a good website design.