External sketch line extraction

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007ff7395c8ea0>

Description of the Problem, or Question?

I have sketches that I want to upload into MyPaint and I’ve had no problem with that. I am not sure of the correct terminology, but I can’t figure out how to extract the sketch or lines from my upload and put the image onto the canvas itself. In other words, I didn’t use MyPaint for the original sketch, it was on a piece of paper. Thanks in advance.

Basic System Details

HP Spectre x360 14

MyPaint version:

Operating System + Version:
Windows 10 Home version.

Make and Model # of Graphic Tablet:

Please Tell Us How to Reproduce the Problem in Steps.

Are there any Errors Popping Up? If so, paste the text in the area shown below.

[Paste Here]

For our guidelines to create a great user support ticket, please visit this wiki page at Reporting Bugs · mypaint/mypaint Wiki · GitHub

Trace the sketch in a layer above it? You can see the sketch in MyPaint, I take it, after you upload/open it with the program, yes?

Hey. Thanks for the reply and suggestion. Yes, I can see it and that’s exactly what I’ve been doing. I have briefly used Gimp, Krita and Fire Alpaca and all three had a process to extract the lines from the original paper sketch. I really like MyPaint the best and I will just continue doing it as you suggest. I have quite a few and it just adds a lot of time to basically resketch them again. Thanks again and have a great day.

MyPaint's community forums is sponsored by Altispeed. Click here to visit their website.