MacPorts doesn't install xorg-server

Description of the Problem, or Question?

Hello. What is the easiest way to install MyPaint on Mac with M2 chip?

Basic System Details

MyPaint version 2.0.1+gitexport.478280f

Operating System + Version:
Mac OS 13.5 (22G74) Ventura

Please Tell Us How to Reproduce the Problem in Steps.

I tried to install via macports sudo port install mypaint.

Are there any Errors Popping Up? If so, paste the text in the area shown below.

When running mypaint from terminal, it outputs

INFO: mypaint: Installation layout: conventional POSIX-like structure with prefix '/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8'
WARNING: gui.userconfig: Failed to load settings file: /Users/slisakov/.config/mypaint/settings.json
WARNING: gui.userconfig: Failed to load settings: using defaults
INFO: gui.main: No locale setting found, using system locale
INFO: lib.i18n: OSX: imported AppKit.NSLocale OK. Will use for LANG, and for LANGUAGE order.
INFO: lib.i18n: OSX: LANG='en_FR'
INFO: lib.i18n: OSX: LANGUAGE='en_FR:ru_FR'
INFO: lib.i18n: Value of LANGUAGE after cleanup: 'en_FR:C:ru_FR'

(mypaint:2181): Gtk-CRITICAL **: 14:33:00.159: gtk_icon_theme_get_for_screen: assertion 'GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/local/bin/mypaint", line 309, in <module>
    main.main(
  File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/lib/mypaint/gui/main.py", line 231, in main
    run()
  File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/lib/mypaint/gui/main.py", line 195, in run
    app = application.Application(
  File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/lib/mypaint/gui/application.py", line 240, in __init__
    _init_icons(state_dirs.app_icons)
  File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/lib/mypaint/gui/application.py", line 118, in _init_icons
    icon_theme.append_search_path(icon_path)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'append_search_path'

Hi, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

It seems like the platform architecture has nothing to do with the issue at first glance.

The callback makes it seem that this is a bug, and that the fault does not lie with you.

Unfortunately, I don’t have a Mac running M2 silicon to test this issue on, and I have not come across it in my own testing.

I have added this issue to the bug tracker

Try this fix

Thanks, installing sudo port install xorg-server fixes that and Mypaint runs normally!