Introduce Yourself

Hi, I’m Henrik. I’m a fine artist MFA from Sweden. I love MyPaint! I also love Krita, Grafx2, Aseprite among other digital painting software. Like someone else also mentioned, I’ve taken a liking to open source software lately. Other favorite projects include Blender, Natron, Olive, etc. I think open source software, with a great community and appropriately sized developer team has a much greater, or at least equal, potential for success compared to commercial software. I started using MyPaint late 2019, a while after getting a Windows PC, when I abandoned my 20+ years strictly Apple-only attitude. The things I like about MyPaint are that it opens fast, has a fast drawing engine (no lag issues, at least when drawing with fine lines), simple and well-organized UI. Since I’m quite new with the software and just registered here on this forum, I’m sure there’s a lot more I’ll be able to say about it in the future. Have a nice one! ~ Henrik

1 Like

Hello! I’m new here and i was wondering how to share your art.? thanks!

1 Like

Hello ToxicMint!

On the main page, click the plus icon at the bottom right.

upload

Then set the category to Artwork Showcase and click the Upload icon to upload your image.

2 Likes

Oh I see, Thank you!

i have one last question how do i draw on here?

Go to the releases page and download a version of MyPaint for your operating system. Install and run it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks so you much! :smile:

Hi folks. I am the author of another free opensource image editing software, LazPaint, which is less oriented towards digital painting. I am excited to announce that it handles now SVG layers in the OpenRaster format, so it can fully interoperate with MyPaint. You can thus open your MyPaint project in LazPaint, add vectorial shapes, and export it back to MyPaint. In fact, you can even import layered SVG from Inkscape, export it to OpenRaster and open them in MyPaint. So many possibilities.

2 Likes

hi
:grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :laughing:

Hi there! I go by the Occupant online and have for two decades. I’ve been using MyPaint for over half a decade, and, until I got my new Wacom tablet, have only loved it more and more, my art getting better slowly as well.

1 Like

Howdy!
I am MettaGaster.
As you can probably see, I like Mettaton and Gaster.
I am a HUGE fan of Undertale!
I use a Chromebook, and I am willing to meet new people, and start new friendships!
I don’t mind if you ping me, but try not to spam me lol.

1 Like

Hi, I am Brian. I am new to drawing and painting, as well as digital drawing and painting. My professional background has been very much influenced by where in the world I have been at any given time, and what possibilities were available. I have worked in human rights, been an election observer in Albania, Ukraine, and Armenia; worked as a teacher in Denmark, etc. I play the saxophone and am learning to play the piano and to compose music. I have started drawing as a parallel to musical improvisation. An avid Linux user, I have started a group for Linux users wanting to draw and paint, where we can exchange information on hardware and software that works with Linux and in general, support budding artists at all levels:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/linuxartists

1 Like

Saya sangat suka sekali karya senimu, lulu-chan.

Admin edit with google Translate: I really like your art.

1 Like

@achadwick Hi all, i’m a long time user of MyPaint, i find it great, and for what i use it for i think it’s the best, i’m very happy the developers keep running this great program on linux, i would like to know if there is the possibility to have a personal gallery here for showcase

1 Like

March 18, 2021

Hello! I just found MyPaint and I’m trying to figure it out. I’ll expand on this when I have some more time. I look forward to talking with you.

Sincerely,
phdtx

2 Likes

Hi there! What kind of stuff do you like to draw? I find myself often drawing fantasy, sci-fi and superheroes my brain comes up with.

1 Like

I’ve been an artist for over fifty years. I use: oil paint on canvas; pencil and pen on paper, vellum; watercolor; etc. Recently I’ve been drawing with very hard pencils on polyester drafting drafting film. I am looking for a paint program to test coloring on scanned images of working sketches and drawings for painting.

2 Likes

Hi,

Just dropping a quick note to introduce myself - I’m Karthik Suresh and I use mypaint most days - not as a graphic artist as such but to support drawings on my blog (https://karthik-suresh.com) and my research into visual thinking. My preference is to use Linux and Free/Open Source tools only in my workflow and MyPaint works really well for me to support these activities.

While I can mess around with code and help a little, I’m not a developer. However, I can probably offer support around documentation if needed.

Cheers,
Karthik

2 Likes

hi im new i dont know how to paint or anything but im fine hows everyone else :innocent:

1 Like